My WatchList for January 2014

With hours and hours of movie watching, another year came to an end. I hope you watched mostly good cinema last year.

I watched some of the greatest films in 2013 and studied a lot about cinema, film making, foreign cinema [non-English or Hindi], a couple of books on movies and everything that adds to the history of cinema.

In 2014, I am planning to watch no less than 400 films [new and re-watching and on TV], so apart from everything I catch on the TV [let's say 100 films], I have planned to watch 25 films a month otherwise, that is on my system or DVD.


So here goes my list for January 2014 excluding the ones I will catch on TV. This list contains 19 good to great English films and 6 well received Non-English films, which contains a Kannada, a Tamil, a Hindi, a Brazilian, a French and a Japanese Film.

1. Seven Samurai [Japanese]
2. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest 
3. It's a Wonderful Life
4. The Lord of Rings Trilogy
7. City of God [Brazilian]
8. Se7en
9. Silence of the Lambs
10. Caché [French]
11. Shame
12. Rush
13. Election
14. Manhunter
15. Sunshine
16. Half Nelson
17. The Road
18. Before the Devil Knows You are Dead
19. Soodhu Kavvum [Tamil]
20. Bhaag Milkha Bhaag [Hindi]
21. The Ghost Writer
22. The People Vs. Larry Flint
23. Lucia [Kannada Film]
24. Riley Rewind
25. The Bank Job
Some of these are films I have watched before and some of these are films I am gonna watch for the first time. So, this is it for the resolution, will watch lots of movie and will not waste a moment of my time doing worthless things when I am not working. The Movie Geek's Blog wish you a Happy New Year. Happy Movies. Happy Cinema.

This list is well represented on LetterBoxd: Have a look.

-Amritt